Your focus area is managing the entire Process Engineering department in which you will leading a team of approximately 12 professional engineers.
SR. Manager, Process Engineering
The Technical Department is the center of expertise for Engineering at the Bergen op Zoom site of SABIC. It delivers expert knowledge to all facilities with a focus on the chemical and compounding plants. The organization of the Technical Department consists of multiple subgroups: Process Engineering, Asset Engineering, Process Control, Inspection & Compliance, Process Safety Management, Quality Assurance, Project Development & Control and Energy & Sustainability. The Process Engineering team is responsible for short term (troubleshooting) support, Feasibility Studies, Optimization Studies and Front end Engineering (Conceptual - and Basic Engineering) servicing our Chemical and Compounding Operations. Projects are multi-disciplinary by nature and interface with other departments such as Technology, Supply Chain Management, Product Management, Maintenance, Operations as well as Project Management and Project Execution.
JOB PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES
For our Technical Department team we are looking for an enthusiastic and result driven Senior Manager, Process Engineering. Your focus area is managing the entire Process Engineering department in which you will leading a team of approximately 12 professional engineers.
The Process Engineering department consists of professionals in the areas of Chemical Process Engineering, Compounding Process Engineering and Quality Engineering. Its main focus lies in the identification and initiation of improvement projects, the conceptual design of replacement projects, second line trouble shooting in the unit operations and assisting the plants in its need for improvements in the area of throughput, quality, raw material usage efficiency and sustainability & energy efficiencies.
As spokesman of Process Engineering for our production units, you are service oriented and know how to translate a technical issue into a clear assignment for someone within your team. You are a passionated and experienced leader who understands what it takes to get the best out of people and what they need to excel.
In this role you are:
- Technical lead for initiation and implementation of improvement projects in alignment with strategic unit business goals.
- Key coordinator between manufacturing units and asset engineering experts.
- Coach for less experienced peers and junior leaders with technical / managerial expertise on their projects and professional development.
- Responsible for improvement of the plants process-technical performance for which you have a team of 15 multidisciplinairy engineers available.
- A passionate and result oriented leader who sets example for others on site and actively develops own team members.
- Responsible for idea generation of value improvement projects and associated investment needs.
- Representer of the Bergen op Zoom Technical Department in global SABIC Process Engineering community as well as contribute to them.
- Excellent in reporting and visualizing the added value of your team`s accomplishments.
- Have a bachelors, masters or demonstrable equal degree in Chemical- or Process Engineering.
- 10-15 years working experience in process engineering and leading technical projects.
- Have demonstrated manufacturing management skills at advanced / senior level.
- Are able to build good and effective working relationships with people at different layers in the organization.
- Take initiatives to improve and strive for the best result through structured problem solving approach.
- Have demonstrated influencing and facilitation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English language, both verbal and in writing.
For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter, tel +31(0)646103085
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better. SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers
Solliciteer op deze functie