As a Mechanical Engineer you will provide technical solutions to other members of the technical staff on special projects and may function in a project leadership role.
ASM is a leading, global supplier of semiconductor process equipment for wafer processing. We deliver innovative technology solutions to the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers. We are a dynamic, growing company and provide ground breaking solutions that are helping to make semiconductor devices smaller, faster and more powerful.
ASM International NV is headquartered in the Netherlands. Our over 1,700 employees are based in 14 countries, including the United States, Europe, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Singapore. We benefit from this diverse perspective and the advantages of bringing together the best brains in the world to create new breakthroughs, turning today’s challenges into tomorrow’s opportunities.
You must be a self-starter with the ability to take on a wide range of moderately complex assignments in which you will need to Interface with other organizations on new product updates to ensure a smooth transition of the product into the manufacturing cycle. This mean working with a global, cross-functional team utilizing excellent communication skills.
Your main responsibilities are to:
- Successfully work and give input as part of a multidisciplinary project team, responsible for driving the mechanical aspects of the project;
- Design and construct specifications of mechanical drawings for mono-detail parts as well as for assemblies to meet ASM quality and innovative standards;
- Create the mechanical documentation during the design phase and ensure it meets ASM standards;
- Give clear and articulate explanations about the logic and decision making process used when presenting or discussing in technical meetings;
- Travel to global ASM locations to represent and provide input on behalf of the department / region in various global projects / initiatives;
- Participant in taskforce on technical escalations that are not solved by lower lines of support;
- Recognize trends and make improvements to prevent future issues.
Education & Experience
- Has a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Has strong analytical ability (university level); able to visualize, conceptualize, analyze and solve problems;
- Has the capability to lead conceptual, innovative design; from starting phase;
- Is independent thinking, able to act as a sparring partner, and a team player;
- Is eager to learn;
- Is result driven;
- Detailed oriented;
- Experience with 3D CAD software, CREO preferred;
- Able to do strength/stress calculations;
- Has simulation knowledge (Finite Element Analysis; ANSYS or ProE mechanical);
- Ability and willingness to travel (+-10%);
Is fluent in both Dutch and English.
We offer you
A competitive salary package and additional benefits within one of the world’s leading edge companies on wafer processing. You will work within a very dynamic, high tech and international company but with an open culture and a flat organizational structure. You will experience cross-functional responsibility within different departments and we appeal to your need to drive innovation, leave your own mark and deliver excellence. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook and find out more on why you should join us!
Want to Apply?
If you’re a team player who is passionate for Engineering and Semiconductors and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the 'Apply' button. If you have any question around the procedure please contact Richard van der Vegt (Recruitment Partner) on +31649983439.
For more career opportunities, visit our career site: http://www.asm.com/EN/careers/join-us
Solliciteer op deze functie