Staying ahead of the industry is crucial. Our secret? Developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into advanced solutions. Are you ready to join us?
Heavy Lift Engineer – full-time – Delft
Pioneering Spirit is the largest offshore construction vessel ever built, designed for single-lift installation and removal of large oil and gas platforms and installation of record-weight pipelines. To facilitate her unique lifting capacity, we need you to perform all project engineering for heavy lift projects executed by this record-breaking vessel.
Providing ongoing support with exceptional engineering (Your role)
As a Heavy Lift Engineer, you will be part of our highly skilled, multidisciplinary Heavy Lift Department where you will work closely with the Department Head and Lead Engineers. Communication is key, because you will be handling heavy lift projects with your fellow engineers. You will be analyzing, preparing and monitoring all aspects of your projects: design and engineering, grillage fabrication, preparation of procedures and manuals, and on-site support for yard work and offshore activities.
You will be involved in the entire engineering process, and that’s quite a challenge. You must pursue your own vision and develop game-changing technologies for our customers.
You will be leaving your mark on our world by:
- Generating project specifications for platform preparation and leg cutting, offshore lift and transportation operations, yard preparations, load-in, and barge transfer and towing.
- Performing FEED and feasibility studies to identify best solutions for single-lift installation or removal of large topsides and jackets.
- Carrying out platform inspections to conform platform conditions and feasibility of solutions.
- Defining efficient and cost-effective solutions by interacting with various disciplines, including your project team, the vessel crew, the client and subcontractors.
- Keeping up to date with the evolution of specialized equipment for installation and removal operations.
Can you create state-of-the-art solutions? (What we expect from you)
We do not limit ourselves to available technologies; we develop new ones wherever necessary. That is also the attitude we aim for in our people. We want you to show us dynamism, inventiveness and rapid progress. You are tenaciously innovative in the pursuit of new solutions and determined to do whatever it takes to get the job done. You are eager to learn, using your creative and analytical skills to successfully take initiative. In addition, you are aware that exceptional communication skills are what sets a good team player apart.
Our ideal self-starter:
- holds a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Civil or Maritime Engineering;
- has 3 to 6 years’ experience in a similar job;
- is fluent in English, both verbal and written;
- knows how to handle high pressure and tight deadlines effectively;
- is keen to travel and prepared to work offshore when required for projects.
No guts, no glory: Working at Allseas (What we offer)
At Allseas, you are given a lot of responsibility right from the start. We encourage you to be bold, creative, and go beyond the trodden path. To help you this, we offer opportunities to learn, grow and develop your potential in a company where respect and support are part of the core culture. You will be working in a dynamic, rapidly changing company that constantly inspires you to be better.
What we offer you:
- Great benefits, including a competitive salary, 30 days of annual leave, and a pension plan
- A job with a wealth of variety and international allure
- Benefits designed to make your life easier and more interesting, including corporate gym memberships and a company bar open after working hours
Are you eager to look beyond today's possibilities and foresee the needs and technical possibilities of tomorrow? (Interested?)
Apply now for your future job by uploading your CV and application letter using the ‘Apply’ button.
For more information about this position or working at Allseas, please contact Sanne Koolen at +31 (0)15 268 1635.
About us: Get acquainted with the Allseas Group
As a world-leading contractor for offshore pipeline installation, heavy lift and subsea construction, we support clients in the conceptual design phase with services for project management, engineering and procurement, up to and including installation and commissioning. We employ over 4,000 people worldwide, and we have executed more than 285 projects and installed 21,000 km of subsea pipeline.
Keywords: Vacancy, Full-time, Delft, Mechanical engineer, Maritime Engineering.
Solliciteer op deze functie