As a customer node project engineer within our applications engineering department, you will work with the most senior level of engineers and the elite scientists of ASML’s customers. You are therefore in the ideal position to understand our customers’ needs. By translating this insight in the customer requirements for their technology nodes to ASML development teams, you help to define future generations of ASML products and solutions. You will be shaping the future of the microchip fabrication.
- Do you want to master the entire patterning process?
- Do you want to help define the next generation of patterning systems and node solutions?
- Would you like to work with the world’s leading litho and process scientists and engineers?
- Can you bring strong analytical and advisory skills to the table?
- Will you enjoy creating the future?
You will be defining the future of chip patterning and node manufacturing. The applications engineering department has around 100 engineers working in project teams. Each team is dedicated to specific ASML customers. The teams consult with the customer’s top litho engineers to identify opportunities for improvements. These improvements may be hardware based or software based or both, and they can be located anywhere in the patterning process. When an opportunity is identified, that’s where you come in to specify, test and implement the solution.
As a customer node project engineer you will partner with customer to develop timely, innovative and tailored on-product performance solutions, to maximize the wafer yield and fab output. You will drive and qualify ASML solutions by championing customer technical and manufacturing requirements across ASML business lines. With the team, your deliveries create customer value from technology development to high volume manufacturing.
You will work within the customer project team supporting the development and integration of solutions, with the goal to meet customer (node) requirements. For this, you will learn, develop and apply applicable competencies within the applications engineering department: litho competences like device patterning, imaging, overlay, statistics, analysis toolkits, lithographic processing and metrology and control. Working in close collaboration with the local supporting team and customer, you execute root-cause analysis on the customer data and identify solutions for improvements. Based on the understanding of the customer use-case and your analyses, you will be able to drive new product and solution definition, and position and integrate these solutions within the customer production eco-system. You will experience working on customer tools and in customer environment to proof own developed and integrated solutions beneficial for on-product performance.
Depending on your customer, you might be in various conference calls in the morning discussing analyses results and actions plans with local team and customer, and in the afternoon align the new requirements within the Veldhoven organization and product teams, to reach alignment on the way forward. To close the day, you prepare and share the updates for local team so they can pick up first thing in their morning again.
As a high potential talent, you have:
- Master degree or PhD in physics, mathematics or engineering, preferably in the domain of nanotechnology, optics or semiconductor industry;
- 5+ years of applications/on-product performance/semiconductor process engineering experience in the area of lithography, patterning (pattern transfer) or metrology;
- (For senior level position, 10+ years of experience in area of applications/on-product performance/semiconductor process engineering experience in the area of lithography, patterning or metrology)
- Tangible experience in process integration or semiconductor device manufacturing especially in the domains of patterning, overlay, imaging, focus, metrology or defectivity related to node/process development;
- Proven ability to perform in a fast paced and ambiguous environment while always maintaining focus on customer goals and relationships;
- Previous experience with optimizing on-product performance of ASML equipment is a plus.
We have several urgent vacancy for overlay competence:
- 5+ years of applications/on-product performance/semiconductor process engineering experience in the area of lithography, Overlay control, Alignment optimization or Overlay metrology;
- Mastering MATLAB, R or similar data processing tools.
Personal skills that will be vital for this role:
- Strong analytical thinker (can easily “connect the dots”);
- Always showing independence and initiative, and a pro-active attitude;
- Customer focused and ability to build long-term partnership;
- Decisive and convincing, ability to lead without power, strong networker;
- Driven – never giving-up until the job is completely done;
- Can excel in a multi-cultural environment;
- Understanding the key differences between activity and accomplishment;
- Strong communication and reporting skills;
- Excellent English language skills (both verbal and non-verbal);
- Ability to travel ~25%.
Context of the position
Based at ASML global headquarters in the Netherlands, you will have the unique opportunity to benefit from a high quality of living, excellent work/life balance and being surrounded by a large expat community. We welcome international candidates to join our diverse and inclusive team and offer a relocation package if hired from abroad.
You will report towards the customer / regional applications engineering manager. The team you will work in consists of (normally) around 10 and 15 people, in the project teams you will work with consist of between 6 and 12 or more people.