Are you looking for a key role where you will be responsible for managing the reliability of our plants? Are you ready to make a difference at the largest and most advanced facility of its kind worldwide? And do you have a “better safe than sorry” mentality? Welcome to LyondellBasell…
This is LyondellBasell
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world’s largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the fourth consecutive year.
This is the role
You are responsible for managing the technical reliability for our Catalloy and Polybutene plants. Because the size (150 employees) of the facility Moerdijk you will deal with a great variety of disciplines.
As a reliability engineer you are part of the Maintenance & Site Projects organisation which includes 40 employees and fixed contractors. You will lead a multidisciplinary team of 7 engineers such as maintenance engineers, reliability engineer and process control engineers. Next to this you will perform engineering activities yourself.
Some core responsibility are :
- Daily supervision of the engineering department. Direct, coach, help the team to achieve the targets and have success by creating the right preconditions and ensure/stimulate team spirit.
- Key role in the management team of the maintenance & site projects department. Work extensively together with the supervisor execution, supervisor projects & outages, staff functions and operations representatives.
- Substitution of manager maintenance & site projects if absent or upon request.
- End responsible for achieving the department KPI targets.
- Monthly communication of budget forecast within the influence of the department whereby the target is to stay within the budget.
- Yearly delivery of extraordinary maintenance expenditure estimation for next year budget.
- Responsible for ensuring an adequate maintenance strategy is implemented for the plants, optimized and guard the execution.
- Responsible for setting-up and actively update a long-term integrity/reliability plan by identifying maintenance or replacement projects, obsolescence, etc. and integrate into the investment plan.
- Leading assigned projects and act as scope engineer.
- Supply and challenge shutdown and turnaround scopes.
- Multidisciplinary identification of bad actors, performance killers and schedule breakers and making proposals for improvements.
- Provide technical advice and support in case of complex or major technical failures.
- Lead, perform or participate in root cause analysis studies of complex or major technical failures.
- Identify opportunities that increase reliability or reduce maintenance costs.
- Determine an optimal spare parts strategy (what, how much, obsolescence, …).
- Continuous improvement of work processes (prepare and report KPIs, define and implement actions from results and give feedback).
- Participate in the call out schedule.
This is who you are
You are a pragmatic team player, improvement focused and goal driven with excellent communication skills. You easily connect with all levels and lead the team, take initiative and show ownership. You have proven extensive reliability- maintenance- asset management knowledge, are proactive and always looking for the latest developments.
This is what you bring
- Masters’ or Bachelors’ degree in engineering;
- Minimal 5 years’ experience in comparable role(s) at capital intensive production assets;
- Proven experience in reliability management and accompanied processes;
- Fluent English and Dutch.
This is what we offer
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package. LyondellBasell is committed to advancing diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) to ensure a positive experience for all employees.
Please feel free to contact our recruiter at email@example.com for more details. Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume via the application button. Only applications through the application button will be taken into consideration.
The recruitment process exists of an initial phone screening and two/three business interviews before proceeding to a possible job offer a background check will be part of the process.