ATTENTION – POSITION BASED IN GERMANY
Are you interested in an extremely versatile and exciting job in an international environment? You have an affinity for air traffic and have gained initial experience in project engineering? You work independently, are structured, communicative and can imagine taking on more responsibility in the medium term?
Then become part of our team Scarabee Germany as a Project Engineer.
In your function, you will actively support projects as well as the day-to-day commercial business in the DACH area and work closely with the Scarabee headquarters in the Netherlands and our parent company Daifuku Co. Ltd. – together with the Project Director Germany.
What are your main tasks?
- Sales engineering of new projects, modifications and extensions
- Translate (customer) specifications to a technical functional design
- Coordination of designs with the customer, engineers and suppliers
- Technical project support of small and medium-sized projects
- Commissioning and testing of maintenance and modification at the customer site
- Monitoring the budget, planning and quality of the projects
- Monitoring the total scope of delivery and a controlled hierarchy with the project team
- On site engineering support during installation phases
Why is this the right role for you?
We are looking for a new colleague with good communication and technical skills. This is because you operate globally and collaborate on different levels. You are a real team player with a hands-on mentality. You are ambitious and you are given the space to develop further. In addition, you are:
- solution-oriented and pragmatic where necessary
- proactive and open-minded
- flexible and where willing to put in extra effort to get the job done
What do you need for this position?
You preferably have experience in industrial automation, electrical engineering, or software engineering. Preferably in possession of a Bachelor’s order Master’s degree in Engineering (industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or similar field). This is combined with broad technical knowledge and interests. What we also find important are:
- several years of experience in mechanical engineering, preferably Material Handling Systems
- knowledge and experience in reading technical documentation (drawings, diagrams, specifications)
- fluently in German and English.
- basic knowledge of Tia Portal.
- You are able to work in parallel on various international projects / activities
- You are interested in independently carrying out the engineering of the electrical interface with the airport (Power and Network)
- It is no problem for you to travel regularly for the projects (up to 50%).
What we offer you:
- A position of responsibility in an exciting industry full of opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Personal development opportunities in a growing multinational company
- An office space in the heart of Munich Airport with the option to work remotely
- Free public transport ticket to commute from MUC downtown to the Airport
- Intensive Onboarding phase supported by a personal mentor
Today’s passengers attempt to do everything online, from booking their tickets and checking in, to registering baggage and booking hotels. This is because when they arrive at the airport they are concerned only with getting through security and boarding as efficiently as possible. Scarabee Aviation Group’s airport transformation solutions are designed to do just that, working proactively and interactively with all stakeholders involved in complex airport transition processes – getting to the heart of potential frustrations. The deep understanding of the passenger journey and the revolutionary approach enables Scarabee to create and design premium airport solutions, empowering both airport business and airport experience. Fundamental research into client, passenger and stakeholder needs, when combined with Scarabee’s innovative mindset and technological DNA, ensures a future-proof airport transition process with technology at the heart of it all.
Headquartered in the Netherlands close to Amsterdam, Scarabee is an international company also with offices in Germany and Japan. With over 30 years’ experience, we work closely together with the world’s leading airports and airlines and business partners, developing unique, innovative and tailor-made solutions for the passenger and baggage handling and security sector.
In 2019, Scarabee became part of Daifuku Co., Ltd (www.daifuku.com), the world’s leading provider of material handling systems to the factory and distribution, cleanroom, automotive, airport, and general industry markets. Scarabee’s parent company is headquartered in Osaka, Japan, with production and sales bases in 26 countries.
The position as project engineer is to be filled immediately, a later recruitment is possible after consultation.
We look forward to seeing you!