Manager Design Engineering
Trelleborg is a world leader in engineered polymer solutions for almost every industry on the planet. And we are where we are because our talents brought us here. By specializing in the polymer engineering that makes innovation and application possible, Trelleborg works closely with leading industry brands to accelerate their performance, drive their business forward—and along the way, shape the industry and progress that will benefit humankind in the exciting years ahead. Our people are Shaping Industry from the Inside. Why don´t you join us?
NLD – Ridderkerk
Last application date 2022-06-30 Location: NLD – Ridderkerk
Do you want to experience new challenges and innovate the future of engineered polymer solutions? Accelerate your career with Trelleborg and start shaping industry from the inside.
Who are we?
At Trelleborg Infrastructure we design and engineer groundbreaking solutions that push the boundaries of what is possible. We are working on (landmark) projects in build infrastructure where sealing, damping, and protecting against water is the common challenge. This is what we have done for over 100 years. Projects we have been involved in are storm surge barriers like the Oosterscheldekering, Maeslandkering, water management projects like ‘Ruimte voor water’ and various immersed tunnels like Coentunnel, Heinenoordtunnel and many more around the globe. Furthermore, we developed capabilities to seal and protect offshore wind applications and are working on other renewable energy initiatives. We see projects getting more complex and larger in size, bringing the necessary challenges. What is our approach? We choose not to be a supplier only but a trusted and capable business partner for our clients. While a supplier sells products, we offer long-term solutions.
What’s the challenge?
At Trelleborg, we believe a team of specialists challenging and strengthening each other not only achieves more but finds more joy in what they do. How can we secure existing technical knowledge and further enhance it? How can we accelerate innovation which is meaningful to our clients? How can we offer more sustainable solutions? Which structures and processes need development to enable the design engineering team to further thrive? How do we align all of this with the overall business strategy? And what needs to be done to strengthen the partnership between design engineering and sales? Questions we must act on daily and that’s where you come in.
As Manager Design Engineering you are passionate about realizing technical design solutions, leading and inspiring your team to excel and collaborate intensively with our sales organization to deliver world class projects. As manager, you assure that our current (and future) technical expertise flawlessly aligns with the (end)customers’ vision and strategy. To create long-term business continuity, you don’t work from opportunity, but from structure and vision. The team consists of 8 highly educated engineers based in the Netherlands. Your role is to form a global engineering team supporting our global growth ambitions and work according to the same high standards utilizing the knowledge built up for over a century. The Design Engineers primarily focus on a technical specialization and team up with the related (global) sales manager(s).
Your main goals are to:
- Make strategy come to life. Make business growth happen by making knowledge available globally, by understanding the opportunities within each segment and translate these solutions to stand out from our current offerings.
- Assure the team is set up for success. Organize balance; ensure every person is energized, challenged, encouraged, and continue to develop a team spirit which energizes every individual.
- Bring innovation. Initiate new solutions pro-actively by introducing new techniques and different approaches of existing solutions and develop solutions for applications in infant stage.
- Sustainability. Put sustainability at the heart of our activities and look for ways to contribute to a more sustainable world by working on projects that make a difference and by developing solutions which are increasingly sustainable.
A strategic role with high visibility where you will be the voice of technique and innovation in the management team.
Who are you?
You enjoy creating an environment others can thrive in. As a natural leader, you’re not seeking personal fame but team successes. You connect easily with internal and external stakeholders on all levels and different cultures. Your current team members describe you as the source of innovative ideas, encouragement and mentorship; being able to switch from a technical to a conceptual strategy focused approach and vice versa in an instant. You are well-known as a strong team player and respected management team representative.
What do you bring?
- Technical master’s degree (civil/mechanical engineering or similar)
- Availability to travel 30-40 % intercontinental
- 10 years of validated experience leading and mentoring technical specialists
- Proven experience and confidence acting in a Management Team
- Strong vision on (wet) infrastructure combined with a high-level understanding of the functionality of waterworks etc.
- Experience with steel and concrete applications in infrastructural projects in contractor or engineering context.
What do we offer?
At Trelleborg, you will get the chance to accelerate customer performance with environmentally positive solutions, as well as growing and improving yourself and the communities you are part of. You can expect a career path focused on growth, a competitive salary and good secondary benefits. If you would like to discuss salary range, please don’t hesitate to call, or send a message.
Please apply by sending your resume and motivation via the application button. For questions, please contact Jasper Meester via +31 (0)6 829 806 91.
Trelleborg is an equal opportunity employer! We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.